Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bitty Girl

My blog has a great new look, courtesy of my good friend, Meredith! I decided it was time to ditch the boring blogspot template and actually have something cute and creative! Unfortunately, my cuteness and creativeness are running low (or were they ever high? Not sure on that one!), and so Meredith came to the rescue. Thanks, friend!

Obviously, the blog has a new title, too. Those of you who know me well know that I love to make up nicknames for people. I have been that way since I was a little girl. I probably had 10 different nicknames each for my mom, dad and sister growing up. Henry has inherited that from me as well--he loves to make up all sorts of names for us, and thinks he is hilarious when he calls us something different than our "true" name. Jason and I have various nicknames for both Henry and Camille, but the one that has stuck most with Camille is Bitty Girl. It just plain fits her. The cutest thing in the world, though, is that Henry has started calling her that too. He'll walk into where she is in the morning and say, "Hi, Bitty Girl!" I promise there is nothing more adorable! If I am ever quick and savvy enough to catch that on video (unfortunately, however, quickness and savviness are also at an all time low for me right now ;) I'll definitely post it for your viewing pleasure.

Until then, you might consider this pleasurable viewing. Check out my Bitty Girl sitting! I had her propped up against the couch in these pictures, but she can actually sit alone (propped on her arms) for about 15-20 seconds now! Of course, big brother cheering her on saying, "Yay, Bitty Girl!" is excellent motivation. What in the world did I do to deserve such precious children?




4 comments:

  1. Look at her sitting up! That. Is. Awesome! Maggie, I very strongly feel that the desire to be creative and pretty things up is reflective of your strength, your character, and your love for your children breaking through any sadness and helplessness you might ever feel. I know that I don't actually know you, but I certainly feel as if I do, like we're a bit kindred. Unless I'm mistaken, you are seeing that you can do this, you can ALL do this. Think what a positive impact your wonderful attitude has on your sweet children (and everyone who cares about you all)! I know things aren't always easy, and there will be times that you won't feel as lovely as your new blog design, but take heart. You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing so very honestly your feelings about this journey. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, Love the new blog layout, and the sweet pictures of Bitty Girl. Camille is so cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures of Camille - you'll have to send out copies! (Because Aunt Sarah is yet to get one of Camille's pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is precious!! You are all still in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete