Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Latest Appointment

Camille had her doctor's appointment regarding her weight-gain-stall today instead of yesterday. I took her in yesterday because that was when our appointment was supposed to be, but our pediatrician had been out of town, and his returning flight got cancelled, so he was not there yesterday. Can you imagine? The nerve! If I were paranoid, I would think he was avoiding us. Jason thinks he was at the PGA tournament. That just made it all the worse. :)

All jokes aside, our pediatrician's office was great about rescheduling us for this afternoon. Camille was weighed again, and she has only gained 5 ounces in 15 days. Our pediatrician's exact words were my exact words on my last post regarding this: "Not good." Since we did switch to the new formula right at the time she stopped gaining as well, that is what we are going to assume made the difference, and so she is going back to the formula we were using before. Since the new formula had not helped make the colic/reflux any better anyway, that's really no big deal to us. Our pediatrician seemed a little doubtful that it could be this new formula causing this since it hasn't caused this in other children, but since it is really broken down, it does go through the body more quickly than others, and so it could be that it is going through Camille so quickly that she is not having time to absorb the calories/nutrients well. That's what we are going to hope the problem is and not something else, like a malabsorbtion disorder. So, we switch back and bring her in again in 2 weeks. If she has still not gained well, we have to start looking at other issues and running other tests. He has been wanting to check her blood work again anyway, so he mentioned that as where he would start if things didn't get better by then.

He thought everything else looked great--I, of course, had a whole new list of worries that I wanted to ask him about since the last time we were there (little things like her joints popping all the time, etc.), and he said that they were all "normal". The hardest part about all of this so far for both me and Jason is that we now feel like we have no clue as to what "normal" is. If any of these things would have happened with Henry, then we would have just dismissed them (well, I probably wouldn't have, but a normal, non-psycho-worrying, non-super-paranoid mom would have), but with Camille, we worry that it is some sign to some awful problem/disorder/syndrome, etc. It's not a fun way to live, and definitely a joy-stealer. We are working on overcoming that, but it's hard.

I just had to share these pictures of my little ones today. I bought an Ergo carrier because I wanted to have something to carry Camille around in while I played with (or chased around) Henry. I tried a sling, but it just didn't work very well. So far, though, the Ergo has been great. Today, while Camille was napping, Henry decided he wanted to ride in it. He thought it was a blast, and I LOVED getting some extra snuggles (we call them "niggles" at our house) from my little boy. Enjoy the pictures!


Henry riding in Camille'e Ergo Carrier. Luckily, he did not mind that it is pink. Please ignore my appearance. Who has time to take a shower before 3:00 p.m. with a toddler and a newborn? Certainly not me! And I promise that Henry really did like the carrier. He just wanted to take the picture himself, and wasn't too pleased when I didn't comply.


Oh the joys of party favor glasses from HEB! Jason calls these Henry's Bono glasses.


My little princess in a 3-month size dress! Yes, I know it swallows her, but so many of her cute summer clothes (that I bought her before she was born) are 3-month size, and I am dying for her to wear them!


Her big brother was "helping" with this particular photo shoot. This is Camille wondering what in the heck he is doing. We wonder that on a daily basis, baby girl. Get used to it. :)

2 comments:

  1. She is so precious...we know you guys are going through a trying time....new jobs, new baby and all. we love you and continue to pray for you all. blessings, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pictures. I especially like Henry Bono. I'm surprised Jason allowed a posting of Henry in a pink baby carrier. Stand up and draw the line, man! Wasn't the purse picture enough? Mahlon Tate

    ReplyDelete